The eyes are the most expressive part of the human body. They can say a lot, especially one’s emotion, without actually speaking a word. They can really make one attractive and can accentuate the beauty of the face. Such beauty can even be made into something more beautiful by putting on some sunglasses or makeup on the face, especially near the eyes. Because of this, the eyes should be kept as healthy as possible. We should, by all means, take care of our eyes. Aging usually affects the eyes, especially the area around it, because the skin near the eyes is highly sensitive. Luckily, we can keep our eyes look young and fresh by applying some proven and tested eye cream around the eyes.
- You should start with getting small amount of the eye cream right after you open the container. You should not take too much of it. A pinch will do. You can use your finger, cotton swab, or makeup applicator when getting the eye cream. However, make sure that you wash your hands carefully first. This is to prevent any possible transfer of germs and dirt.
- When getting the eye cream, you should use your ring finger. Why? Because, according to studies, the ring finger is the smoothest and the cleanest finger. Using the ring finger also doesn’t make you exert much force when rubbing or applying the eye cream. This is very important since it is important that you don’t put much force when you rub the skin.
- So using your finger, you should then gently spread the cream on the areas surrounding your eyes. Do it by dabbing the cream. You should start in the bottom area of the eye surrounding, the one below the tear duct. From there, you should spread the cream as gently as possible until it has covered the whole area up to the top-outside corner of the eye area. It is important that you focus on the areas where wrinkles, fine lines, or crow’s feet likely appear. Moistening these areas can really make your skin look fresh, young, and healthy.
- Make sure that you let the eye cream absorb properly into the skin. You can do this by patting the regions around the eyes repeatedly and gently. Focus on the areas covered with the eye cream. However, you should not pull on the skin or rub the skin too hard. Always do things light and gently, in order to prevent possible irritation.
- To ensure that the eye cream is really taking effect, make sure that you have evenly covered the important regions with eye cream. Always remember that you should do things gently when applying and spreading the eye cream. This is because the skin around the eyes is highly sensitive.
You should really use eye cream because it can keep your eyes healthy, well-moistened, and well-hydrated. It can help reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging. To know more about eye cream, check out the top eye cream products in the market.
There are exercises to minimize back stretch marks. Discover them through this page.
When the elastin in your skin is injured, stretch marks will most likely manifest, resulting to a blemish comparable to scratch. Stretch marks might manifest on your stomach, back, breast, thighs and even upper arms. In opposite to a scratch, the stretch marks are similar to normal skin but only visible because of the discoloration. However, just similar to scars, stretch marks are also hard to remove because the flexible fibers are not easy to restore. Luckily, there are already lots of means to relieve the noticeable stretch marks such as modification of your diet, medical procedures, and exercise. If you want to lessen or eliminate stretch marks, you can try to exercise. There are some forms of exercises to minimize back stretch marks.
Exercise #1: Sit Ups
Stretch out your back on the floor and to some extent curve your legs, then lift your head along with upper body. Do 25 sit-ups daily to maintain the tightness of your skin as well as to provide you even abdominal muscles.
Exercise #2: Crunches
You can do this exercise by stretching evenly on your back then crunch your legs up and down from a straightforwardly pose all the way to your torso. Do the motions 10 to 20 times to aid prevent the manifestation of stretch marks in your stomach, back as well as hip.
Exercise #3: Leg Lifts
Stretch on one side of your body, curve your knees to some extent then lift your topmost leg. Grasp the pose for two seconds then drop. Do the motions 25 times, turn over then do the same motion for your other leg.
Exercise #4: Squats
This type of workout can help construct quality muscles. To start with, you have to stand up with legs roughly hip-width at a distance then shift your hips gradually to the floor, as if you are going to sit on a chair, then halt approximately in level of the chair. Perform this exercise daily for about 10 repetitions.
Exercise #5: Push-ups
This exercise is considered excellent for stretch marks that manifest on your chest and upper arms. Stretch out facing down on the floor and your hands on the floor as well close to your torso. While your toes are on the floor, raise the remainder of your body, grasp for two seconds then drop. Begin with 10 repetitions daily and raise it to around 25 daily.
Exercise #6: Walking and Jogging
These workouts can help maintain the strength of your skin to avoid the appearance of stretch marks. You do not have to perform these workouts on a rapid velocity. The most essential thing you have to bear in mind is stability in doing these workouts to see the desired results. Make an effort to walk or jog approximately 20 to 30 minutes daily, three to four days weekly.
Exercise #7: Standing Forward Bends
Starting a standing stance, lift your arms on top of your head. Remain your arms in a straight line subsequently to your ears. Elongate your body onward then downward, curving your hips and remaining your knees in a straight line. Clutch onto the rear of your legs. Carry your forehead as near as you can to your knees. This type of workout assists your spine to turn out to be extra lithe and young-looking and will lessen the manifestation of stretch marks at your back.
You have all the options to exercise if you want to minimize back stretch marks. If you are not sure at which exercise to start with, consult an expert.
Stretch mark cream is also an option to help you get rid of your stretch mark but not all creams are equal, I strongly recommend you to research before buying any cream. This website review top rated stretch mark removal cream available on the market, click here to read their reviews.
As you know, there are different kinds of critical care procedures. These are the procedures done during an emergency to save one’s life. These are very serious and dangerous conditions thus;these procedures must be conducted in emergency department, CCU or the critical care unit and in an intensive care unit or ICU.
When referring to critical care, what people usually think about is a place with all the necessary medical equipment prepared. However, there are conditions wherein critical care procedures are done anywhere to sustain life.
Code blue is common during emergency first response action. It can be done in the field. Someone who is in bad need of help, especially those with conditions that may lead to fatality, may be given critical care, which is similar to giving first aid immediately.
The term itself sounds complicated but the actual procedure is very easy. However, this must be done only by the physicians, nurses who completed the Advanced Cardiac Life Support training (ACLS) or by the paramedics. This will be done after code blue when the chest compression begun.
The physician needs to insert the breathing tube into the patient’s trachea. The tube will be inserted from the patient’s mouth. He will then use the Ambu bag to assist pulmonary respiration. Others may also use a mechanical ventilation.
Because the tube will be passed through different organs like the esophagus, the right skills and proper training is very much needed. Damaging or injuring the vocal chords must be prevented.
When tracheal intubation doesn’t work, the next step is to perform electrical cardioversions. This is critical, as your aim is to restart the patient’s heart that has stopped. When the physician was not able to establish airway, the heart may stop beating and if the proper critical care procedure was not done, it may lead to death.
You don’t necessarily need advanced training to perform this procedure but you do need AED or the Automated Electrical Defibrillator. However, providing critical care to convert an irregular heart rhythm must be performed in ICUs. This is to make sure that medical personnel will be able to respond immediately when complications arise as well as for safety reasons.
There are different medical equipments that doctors use for different kinds of critical care procedures. Some procedures may need using IV tubes and some may require placing chest tube or IV line. IV line is used when the peripheral circulation is injured or overuse. While waiting for a surgical procedure, this temporary cardiac pacemaker is used to make sure that there will be regular cardiac rhythm.
Giving critical care is not easy and only the medical professionals should provide. Complications may arise while providing such care and you should respond properly and quickly. The knowledge in using different medical equipment is also necessary. You need to save one’s life and not to cause additional injury. While it is great to have first aid knowledge, providing critical care must be left with the professionals.
The importance of dental care will be better understood if one knows the reason and consequences; the reasons why a person must brush his teeth regularly and the consequence if he does not. So to better internalize the importance of dental care, what follows below are the reasons for its urgency.
Staying Away from Gum Disease
Gum disease is notorious. This is the usual reason why people loose their teeth; because gum disease affects not just the tissue of the gums but also the bones that keep the teeth in its proper place. In addition, it is not only the loss of teeth that comes with gum disease. Many other consequences will follow if the gum is not well taken care of.
The thing about the disease of the gums is that when it is diagnosed early, the effects can be prevented. This is why you will need to have a regular check-up with the dentist and more importantly, be consistent with the brushing of the teeth twice in a day. If gum disease is neglected, serious problems will occur.
Prevent the Loss of the Teeth
Prevention of gum disease will lead to the prevention of teeth loss. This is perhaps the most basic knowledge of why a person must brush his teeth daily. It has always been reiterated by parents to young children. In fact, losing the teeth is even their way of motivation, sometimes referred to as “threats” so that children will learn and remember to brush always.
Keeping your teeth will yield to a lot of positive things. For example, it will generally give you good health because stronger teeth can help you chew better, and will keep you away from tooth problems which may cause the loss of appetite.
No matter how beautiful a person is as long as oral hygiene has went down the drain, things will always get nasty. The face may be pretty or charming but by the time that the person opens his or her mouth and there are missing or broken tooth or maybe tooth that are yellow in color, then the beauty will be superseded by the ugliness of the teeth.
Good oral hygiene can prevent the loss of teeth as discussed above and it will also give a bright white smile. These are things that can appeal to people; positive attributes anyone would love in a person.
Bad Breath Prevention
One of the most humiliating things that can happen to an individual, if not the most, is to talk with a breath so foul that the other person has to stay at least a meter away from him, or maybe would want to finish the conversation earlier than expected.
Daily brushing with flossing, and using a good mouth wash can prevent bad breath. These things must be done religiously so no embarrassment will happen. Make sure that the three (brush, floss, and mouth wash) so as to be sure the bad breath will not occur.
There are many other problems or consequence related to the failure of dental care. All of these problems however can be prevented with the regular check-up with the dentist and good oral practice at home.
Children’s dying from communicable diseases is not just a thing in the past. Nowadays, HIV/IADS, pneumonia, measles, and malaria are the main cause of death of children below the age of five. Not only that, every year, about one million babies and children around the globe die of malnutrition due to poverty. Admit it or not, these things can all be prevented.
Why Vaccinating Is Good
People all know that one of the best things to prevent communicable diseases is through vaccines. However, some parents opt not to have their babies vaccinated, as they believe that it may cause autism. Sad but true, some parents would risk their child’s life and prefer not to vaccinate their babies.
Today, doctors and the experts are working on vaccines that will prevent children from having multiple meningitis, acute diarrhea and pneumonia. These diseases highly contribute to the causes of death of millions of children.
Currently, there are available vaccines to prevent polio, measles, yellow fever, mumps and others. If you’re a parent who wants to protect your child from different types of communicable diseases, then you know what’s the best way to do it.
Preventing your precious child from getting any type of such diseases doesn’t end on having them vaccinated. There are other things that you must do to keep your child safe.
- Proper hygiene is the first and most important thing to consider especially in things like these. Keeping your entire system clean is the key to prevent yourself and your child from getting any kind of illness. Proper hygiene includes brushing your teeth, washing your hands and taking a bath. You must also keep your surroundings clean to create a safer place for your little ones.
- Strictly follow the food safety rules. Make sure that food such as fruits and vegetables are washed before allowing your child to eat them. Bacteria causing different kinds of diseases can grow from the foods left at a room temperature. Also, make sure that meat was properly cooked at the right temperature.
- The immune system of your baby is not as strong as your system. Make sure that your baby’s environment is clean as well as prevent him from having physical contact from many people. Don’t bring him in a very crowded place. Physical contact is one of the fastest ways of getting communicable diseases.
- Keep your baby healthy. Make sure he has a regular check up with his pediatrician. This is one of the safest ways to make sure that he is protected. Additionally, everyone in your home should have a regular check up with your doctor. Children are not the only ones who are prone to communicable diseases.
There are a lot of ways to prevent your child from communicable diseases. These are just the basic and easiest things to do. With these things, you don’t have a single excuse as to why you can’t protect your own children from communicable diseases. Make sure to act now before it’s too late.
The word critical care worries others but to some, particularly to those who are about to receive it, this may mean a chance of possibly surviving. How do you feel about watching movies or TV programs that are about critical care? Sure enough, that’s not how you will feel when you see someone close to you needing such help.
Critical Care – It’s Not Simple
Lucky are those who need critical care and lives near a medical center. But how about those that lives miles away from the nearest medical center? What are they going to do when they need help? Who will be there to help them?
Believe it or not, some people still rely on home remedies. However, this is a very dangerous situation and you need serious help. It’s not something that you can easily cure. You will need necessary medical equipment and the professionals at this critical time.
A Squad of Professional Medical Practitioners
A person who needs critical care needs a squad of professional medical practitioners to assist him. He needs all the help he can get to stabilize his condition.
Once a person is proved to have an ailment that can lead to fatality, he needs medical professionals to perform the requisite procedures and operations to save his life. Such procedures should be done in intensive care units or what people commonly known as the ICU or trauma center.
A condition that may need critical care includes considerable problems in breathing, surgeries, certain virus and the likes. Hence, the ICU is equipped with IV pipes, critical care screens, equipment for proper ventilation to name a few.
Why Do People Get Scared
There are several reasons why people get scared when they need critical help. Here are some of the possible reasons why a patient may get scared.
- You can easily trust a doctor unless you have consulted one. The people that they call medical professionals are actually nothing but strangers to you. When you are diagnosed to be one of those who need critical care, you wanted to seek help from someone you know and trust.
- Who knows what these procedure or surgery includes? Most of all, who knows how high your chances of recovering? These thoughts usually scare people. Not to mention that sometimes, their imagination gets so wild that they can almost imagine negative things that might happen to them during the operation.
What Critical Care Guarantees
There are certain rules to be followed. One is that the patient must be comfortable to the treatments that will be given to him and, on some cases, with equipment that will be used.
Medical professionals also use all the necessary treatments and they follow the right approaches but guarantee no timeframe. Critical care providers guarantee nothing but to help you as much as they can. There are also cases wherein chances are low and give no hope to the patient and his relatives.
Most of the time, those in the hospital are the only ones who realize how serious critical care is. Don’t take it lightly.
Dental care is one important daily habit to master. It is important because the consequences that follow if it is neglected would be very bad. In fact, many would attest that the worst pain they have ever experienced is something that has to do with the teeth. Head ache, stomach ache, and almost all other aches is no match to tooth ache.
Aside from the consequences of negligence of dental care, the rewards are another good reason why it is an important daily habit to do. Complete teeth, overall good looks, and good breath are just a few of the benefits from proper dental care.
Understanding dental care however would be incomplete if you do not understand the risks that are posing to destroy the teeth. One of which is cavity. People often hear this oral problem but do they really understand what it is? This short article will discuss cavity, what causes it, and how to address it.
What is a Cavity?
A cavity, in its simplest definition, literally means a hole. This further means that there is a hole on a tooth. This is the beginning of the deterioration or the decay of the tooth. Cavities can be nasty, oftentimes painful. It is a nuisance in daily living. Suffering from cavity can not only be a pain in the mouth but also a pain everywhere.
What Causes Cavity?
Cavity happens when there is plaque. Plaque by definition is a biofilm that covers the teeth. It is yellowish so it is very obvious if the teeth have it. Basically this is the build-up of germs together with bacteria. Since plaque is acidic in nature, the tendency when it sticks to the teeth for some time is that it will eat up the outside layer of the teeth. The outside layer is known as the enamel and when plaque clings to it for so long, then a hole or cavity will be produced.
Effects of Cavity
The number one effect of cavity is the decay of the tooth. This then would lead to the loss of teeth if not prevented. In addition, bad breath will also be an effect. Tooth decay and bad breath are not the only effects of cavity because it can lead to many other complications.
How to Prevent Cavity
So what are the ways to prevent cavities? After knowing the effects of cavities, the next thing concerned people want to know is how to prevent it. Prevention is very easy. All it takes is regular brushing of the teeth. It is recommended to brush the teeth twice in a day. Add to the brushing is a toothpaste with fluoride. This is the fighting agent to the accumulation of plaque.
The gums must also be brushed but with softer bristles. You can do this when you brush the teeth and you can also add dental floss to the daily habit.
Lastly, always visit your dentist. Twice a year, or every six months can be a good frequency for dental check-up. This is not to present however that you do not go to the dentist when needed.
Some people do not take communicable diseases seriously especially those types that can be easily cured. But why not prevent it rather than cure it? There are simple things that you can do to keep yourself safe from these diseases.
There are many programs for communicable diseases but all of them have the same goal. First is to prevent the communicable diseases, second is to reduce the chances and the last one may be a bit difficult but communicable diseases have to be eliminated.
It is easier for an adult to keep himself safe compared to children and babies. However, here are some tips that will help you protect not just yourself but also your family.
1. Immunization. Doctors and experts have developed different types of vaccines for different kinds of communicable diseases. Immunization is highly recommended, as it is an effective way to stop and control the spread of such diseases. It is extremely safe so make sure to get yourself vaccinated.
2. Proper Hygiene. What’s best than proper hygiene? Proper hygiene can protect you from almost all kinds of communicable diseases. Keeping your body clean by washing your hands and taking a bath every day can save you hundreds of dollars. Additionally, you have to make sure that every part of your house is clean.
3. Consult Your Doctor. One of the best ways to keep you protected from any kind of communicable diseases is by having regular checkups. An up-to-date immunization is necessary if you want to keep yourself healthy. You can also go to the local health clinic for an appointment if you don’t know a good primary care physician.
4. Safe Sex. HIV/AIDS is one of the top causes of death. Be honest to your partner about your history and make sure to use a condom each time. In addition, if you want to prevent yourself from getting any kind of communicable disease, you have to know your partner.
5. Your Personal Items. Toothbrush, combs and even utensils should not be shared with others especially with someone you don’t know. Some people don’t care about sharing their brush or comb to others but simple things like this can save you from acquiring communicable diseases.
6. Healthy Immune System. Without a healthy immune system, proper hygiene and other ways to protect you from communicable diseases may not work. So the key is to exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. Getting enough rest is also helpful, as it will boost your immune system.
7. Avoid Physical Contact. The crowded streets and other crowded places are the best places to spread communicable diseases without a single one noticing. Physical contact like a simple touch on your hand can easily spread the bacteria. However, you can wear a mask or gloves to prevent the spread of different types of communicable diseases.
As they say, prevention is better than cure. Never risk yourself and follow these simple tips. They are very easy and some are even a part of your every day routine.